Darkroom Project - Part 5
Well I am nearing the time when it will at last be finished. Since the last post I have given the walls and ceiling a mist coat of 50% water/50% emulsion as it is all new plaster. The final emulsion has gone on, I didn’t want a brilliant white so went with Dulux White Cotton matt emulsion. As the main window faces east over the beach the glare in the mornings is more subdued and less intrusive.
First two pics show most of the shelving now going up and the general desk area for the computers, printers and scanners.
The next four images are the processing corner. You can see the auto-processor and the two bins for fresh water and waste. One enlarger in at the moment and I have still to place black blackout material on the wall behind the enlarger area.
The next three images show my drying cabinet which is in fact an Ikea PAX single wardrobe! There is a gap a few millimetres around the door and I added some ventilation holes at the rear. The drip tray is from an old hamster cage. It works really well and a batch films earlier this week dried in around two hours. I use cut up wire coat hangers to hang the film clips from.
I have ordered some cream total blackout material for the windows and rear door. This will be fixed via velcro to wooden battens that surround the window. That way I can roll it up out of the way when not required.
I will do one last post when it is properly finished and I have moved in.
Darkroom Project - Part 1
Darkroom Project - Part 2
Darkroom Project - Part 3
Darkroom Project - Part 4
Darkroom Project - Part 6